CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Dental Mistakes

Well I thought I had an awful experience the last few months and I thought I would share.  My step daughter needed a root canal done.  The closest dentist that takes are insurance is an hour away.  We had been there in the past and thought we would have no problems.  A student with a supervisor watching on did the root canal.  Fast forward 2 years.  We find out she needs another root canal which this new place does.  We send of the x rays for the pre approvals to get the crown for both root canals.  Come to find out the one root canal the other place did was done incorrectly we only find this out by getting the denial letter from our insurance company.  So we go the 3 1/2 hours to the new place again.  They look at the xrays and flat out tell me they won't do the approved crown they want to do both at the same time.  So I get home and call the "other place"  a well known chain dental office.  They proceeded to be in disbelief.  The manager than told me their Dr.s would  look it over.  They don't call me the next day I call them they admit it was done wrong and don't have the Dr.s to fix it anymore.  The insurance won't pay to have it done twice. The dentist told me they would have to fix since they were already paid.  So what ended up happening after tons of daily phone calls.  The District manager is in contact with the manager they don't want to reimburse the insurance co.  I am beyond frustrated so what happened was eventually they agreed to let the new dentist bill them.  The new dentist says if they don't have the cash up front they won't do it.  So I call the old dentist again. Tell him he knows me by now.  He says he got the approval of the district manager to use their corporate credit card which they do. They get billed.  Through all this we have made not one or two but 5 trips to the new office.  I tell him he should reimburse me gas.  He tells me it is out of his hands.  I said this is your fault not mine.  Then on the way back from the new place he tells me he will send me a gas card for gas .  It is for an unknown amount.  What it sounds like it will only be for a small amount not even for the amount we are out.  So we will see what happens.  I will keep you guys posted.  Hope this gets resolved soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment